The Bulk Picking Process consolidates multiple Despatches and / or Inter-Branch Stock Transfers for bulk picking by warehouse Bin Area. This makes for more efficient picking because warehouse workers can pick multiple despatches and / or stock transfers in the one picking operation. Multiple workers can work on the same bulk pick simultaneously – each working on different bin areas.
The bulk pick process uses Abel ERP screens and the Abel Mobile Warehouse App:
- In Abel ERP, Select multiple Despatches and / or Inter-Branch Stock Transfers for Bulk Picking.
- Click a button to build a Consolidated Pick that contains all the line items from the selected documents.
- Click a button to build mulitple Bulk Pick documents for the different Warehouse Bin Areas.
- Warehouse workers pick the stock using the Abel Mobile Warehouse App on handheld devices.
- The Bulk Pick process transfers the picked stock to the despatching location.
- The Despatcher completes the despatch process for the Despatches / Stock Transfers as normal.
- Printed picking lists are available to support the process if required.
The example shows the Bulk Pick in Abel ERP and also on the Abel Mobile Warehouse App. Printed Picking Lists include a barcode that can be scanned to open the Bulk Pick document in the Abel Mobile Warehouse App.
The Bulk Pick is a great example of how Abel helps businesses to work more efficiently. To find out more about Abel’s features and how they can help your business, please contact us.
Until next time.