The Bulk Picking Process consolidates multiple Despatches and / or Inter-Branch Stock Transfers for bulk picking by warehouse Bin Area. This makes for more efficient picking because warehouse workers can pick multiple despatches and / or stock transfers in the one picking operation. Multiple workers can work on the same bulk pick simultaneously – each working on different bin areas.
The bulk pick process uses Abel® screens and the Abel Mobile Warehouse App:
- In Abel, Select multiple Despatches and / or Inter-Branch Stock Transfers for Bulk Picking.
- Click a button to build a Consolidated Pick that contains all the line items from the selected documents.
- Click a button to build mulitple Bulk Pick documents for the different Warehouse Bin Areas.
- Warehouse workers pick the stock using the Abel Mobile Warehouse App on handheld devices.
- The Bulk Pick process transfers the picked stock to the despatching location.
- The Despatcher completes the despatch process for the Despatches / Stock Transfers as normal.
- Printed picking lists are available to support the process if required.
The example shows the Bulk Pick in Abel and also on the Abel Mobile Warehouse App. Printed Picking Lists include a barcode that can be scanned to open the Bulk Pick document in the Abel Mobile Warehouse App.