As I reflect on this year, there is a lot that we can be thankful for during 2018.
Thank-you to our customers – you continue to amaze me with your innovation, technology and drive to deliver your products and services in an increasingly competitive market. We are proud to be the ERP provider for so many growing businesses.
This year we’ve had a variety of new customers join the Abel community including:
- 30 Seconds, widely known for their cleaning products
- Alpine Drinks, a new name in water bottling
- Bondall Pty Ltd, supplying building and renovating products to leading hardware stores
- Calmac Engineering, specialists in design, manufacture and installation of conveyors and related equipment for the beverage industry
- Deep Creek Brewing Company, one of New Zealand’s premier craft beer breweries
- Hatuma Lime Co, a long established business that makes fertilizer products for farms and gardens all over the country
- Integrated Control Technology NZ, an innovative business that makes intelligent electronic access control solutions for a worldwide client base
- NZ Casings, provides 100% natural sausage casings to their clients for use in high-end sausages and small goods
- Streamland Honey, a proudly Kiwi company making a range of honey products
- Universal Pharmaceuticals, an emerging business specializing in dietary supplements
We also featured two Christchurch businesses in our case studies this year:Food manufacturer Pasta Vera supplies restaurants, hotels and meal-kit delivery services across New Zealand with pesto, sauces and pasta products, including a range of vegan, gluten-free and nut-free products. Read Pasta Vera’s case study.
Engineering manufacturer G-Tech makes specialized centrifuge equipment for a range of industries across Asia, Australia, North America, South America and Africa. G-Tech are a long standing Abel customer and this follow-up case study shows how Abel’s functionality and flexibility has enabled them to grow. Read G-Tech’s new case study.
The Abel Plant
It’s been an exciting year for our Abel development team with some major new innovations:
- In May we released Abel Version 6 featuring Abel’s new User Interface. Version 6 delivered a fresh, modern look for Abel that’s both easier to learn and easier to use, while still retaining the underlying strength and stability of Abel’s tried and tested core.
- This year our Mobile team developed a new framework for developing handheld applications for Android™ and iOS®. The team put the new framework to good use, developing warehouse management apps and custom apps that interface with Abel databases. There’s more handheld work in the pipeline, so watch this space!
It’s also been business as usual in the plant this year. We’ve delivered significant new functionality such as Container Management, but the year’s highlight was definitely Version 6. The feedback from our customers has been stellar and the whole Abel team can be proud of what we have achieved.
In May we merged Abel Software and Abel Solutions and we are now seeing multiple benefits. The merger has helped us to streamline and strengthen both operations and customer service for our local and international customers. In 2019 we will bring the whole team together in a new office building. This move reflects our new identity as one company and will make it easier for everyone to collaborate. We are presently planning the refurb and looking forward to our new custom-designed space.
Thank you to our dedicated ERP consultants, software engineers and support staff for their efforts again this year.
To all our customers around the world, thank you for your business. We wish you and your families a safe and happy festive season, and we look forward to working with you again next year.
Jane and the Team at Abel