Hi There, This is the next in our series of blogs on Abel’s features and what they can do for you.
At Abel, of course, we use our own Abel ERP software for running our business. Jane our Business and Channels Manager loves Abel’s Email Interface functionality. Says Jane:
“I deal with Abel’s Customers, Suppliers and Channel Partners. Keeping tabs on all correspondence is easy using Abel’s Email Interface, and everyone in the organization can get the ‘full picture’ of our email conversations with our customers at any time.”
Abel’s Email Interface enables you to import emails from Microsoft Outlook® and store them against Customers in Abel. The Email Interface has been a great addition to our Client Relationship Management (CRM) functionality for managing all those important email conversations that you need to track as part of doing business and giving good service. As well as CRM, you can use Abel’s Email Interface throughout Abel to record all email exchanges that are important to your business including those with Customers, Suppliers, Prospects and Suspects or other Client Categories that you have defined.
With the Abel Email Interface you can …
- Quickly and easily capture and store your inbound emails against the relevant ‘Client’. And you can easily view them from within Abel’s CRM functionality.
- Have your inbound emails attached to the relevant Client in Abel so all your employees (with appropriate security settings) can share those important email conversations for better management of the business relationship.
- Reply from within Abel. Your replies are automatically stored in Abel and the ‘sender’ will be the Outlook account that received the original inbound email.
- Reduce paper filing and email management while still giving you an accurate account of email conversations for all your Customers, Suppliers, Prospects, Suspects or other Client Categories that you have defined within your Abel ERP system.
How it Works
In Microsoft Outlook, you select one or more emails that you wish to export, click ‘Export to Abel’, select the ‘Client’ to attach them to (e.g. a particular Customer, Supplier, Prospect, Suspect etc..), and off they go into Abel. You can then manage the emails from within Abel – Reply, Forward, Print, Delete etc. This of course adds to the history against the ‘Client’ in Abel’s CRM.
For the technically minded…
The Abel Email Interface uses Microsoft® Internet Information Services (IIS) to run a JADE dll which transfers the emails to the Abel Application Server.
The Abel Email Interface is supported in Abel 184.108.40.206 and later versions. You will also need:
- Microsoft® Internet Information Services (IIS) version 7.
- Microsoft Windows Server® 2008*, Windows 7.
- Microsoft Outlook® 2007, 2010 or 2013.
So, if you would like to use Abel’s Email Interface, or to find out more about it, please contact your Abel Consultant or Abel Distributor.
Until next time, Rik.