I’m sure you’ve all heard someone say it.. As you get older the years seem to go by faster and faster, and perhaps this is the case for businesses too because this year has flown by. Did you know Abel has been in business for almost 16 years now! Of course they also say time flies when you’re having fun so perhaps it’s a combination of the two, plus of course one other essential thing.. a whole lot of hard work!
The team in the engine room (aka. ‘The Plant’) have had a very busy year adding plenty of cool new stuff and of course making countless improvements to existing functionality. In case you’re wondering what the programmers actually do I had a bit of a round table with ‘The Plant’ and they came up with a list of what the big ticket items were for the year;
- Parallel and mulit-pass scheduling – ability to schedule routes in parallel within a manufacturing document.
- MRP enhancements – added MRP II (Material Resource Planning).
- SQL Exporter tool (build SQL tables directly from user defined mappings).
- Jobbing enhancements – improved visibility, made simpler and more intuitive.
- Manufacturing defects – added the ability to manage the defect process and analyse associated costs.
- Foreign currency enhancements to handle countries that have a very low valued currency.
- CRM messaging screens – ground up redesign of these screens adding new functionality such as: list as you type searching of recipients, multiple file attachments and new intuitive auto-linking.
With all the new functionality, enhancements and plain hard work it’s rewarding that 2011 was also a solid year in terms of new sales and organic growth of existing customers. This year has seen many new customers joining the Abel community. Abel continues to be deployed around the world with installations this year in:
- New Zealand
It’s also been exciting to observe that a number of our current customers have taken the opportunity to acquire businesses, while others have expanded their product offerings locally and internationally.
We would like to thank our distributors for responding to our current and new customer’s business requirements by bringing them on-line.
Lastly, we would like to thank the people that we respect the most – “Our Customers”.
Merry Christmas and best wishes for the coming year.
The Abel team