Abel’s Enterprise Management provides the unique ability to run multiple business entities on independent databases while still providing consolidated views of financial performance at all levels across your organization. Abel helps you manage both centralized and decentralized businesses across multiple sites, countries and currencies in multiple databases.
Enterprise Management Overview
Abel’s Enterprise Management helps businesses manage their many and varied organization structures and financial reporting requirements:
- With Abel, you can run multiple business entities in one database or you can run multiple Abel databases.
- You can consolidate your financial data to produce reports and financial results for different business entities, locations, countries or currencies.
- Abel’s Enterprise Management spans your entire organization and makes it easy to manage subsidiaries and to add locations as your business grows.
Manufacturing often requires a 24 hour 7 day operation. It may include connected machinery and hand held devices that direct and control the manufacturing process on the shop floor. Because of the need for high availability and performance, Manufacturing and Production businesses often dislike remotely located “Cloud” computing solutions. We have developed our own Enterprise Management solution that meets our customers’ requirements for a robust and reliable ERP platform for every part of your business.
Abel’s unique architecture provides an ERP solution that suits most businesses and provides an enterprise-wide view of your entire organization. With Abel, you can run separate Abel databases for different geographical locations or for just parts of your business that perform different functions. Abel’s infrastructure is also designed to be run on-premise without the need for specialized IT staff at each location.
For those organizations that would prefer to run their operation in the “Cloud”, we can also do this. Read more about our deployment options here.
Abel provides many inter-database functions for installations that run multiple Abel databases.
Abel’s Enterprise Management functionality:
- Serves multiple companies with multiple branches across multiple countries and currencies
- Supports centralized or de-centralized operations
- Provides cross database functions that enable enterprise wide management from both bottom up and top down
- Extends easily as the organization grows
- Distributes computer capacity to where it’s needed. Enterprise Management utilizes separate databases to protect the performance, integrity and continuous processing of multiple manufacturing entities
- Circumvents the risks inherent in cloud or data center solutions that a performance issue, network problem or utility failure could affect the entire organization
Abel’s inter-database functions transfer data between your databases, reducing and automating inter-branch transactions, enabling administration functions to be centralized and placing the information where it’s needed for reporting. Abel’s inter database functions offer alternative ways to manage your multi-database processes. Our ERP Consultants will work with you to implement the Abel features that best suit your business.
Abel’s inter-database features include:
Abel includes inter-database features to suit all levels within your organization.
Abel’s Enterprise Management features are included within the standard Abel ERP software. If your multi-entity business requires only one Abel database, you can use all relevant Enterprise features, such as inter company trading, under the normal Abel license. Installations with multiple Abel databases also need Abel’s Corporate View Add-On License for each database. This Add-On enables multiple Abel databases to communicate with one another.
Foreign Currency and Language
Foreign Currency And Language
Abel’s Enterprise Financial Management provides full foreign currency handling and reporting across multiple currencies for international suppliers, customers, bank accounts, costs and pricing (for inventory, employees, parts catalogs and service charges). You can configure all the currencies that your business needs and update the exchange rates as often as your business requires. You can override the exchange rate for individual transactions if required.
Abel can also handle large currencies such as the Japanese Yen and the Vietnamese Dong – up to 20 digits – with the option to display or hide the decimal places.
Abel’s multi-currency uses Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) throughout. Abel reports any variances and your business’s total exposure to each currency and also tracks realized and unrealized gains or losses. Account Ledgers in foreign currencies can be consolidated to produce Accounts in the ‘home’ currency of your company, or in any other currency that you need to report, at any time.
Provided in English, Abel ERP can be translated into other languages. Our customers are currently using Abel in English, French, German, Thai, Mandarin and Italian.
International Tax Handling
International Tax Handling
Abel handles Sales Tax, VAT and GST for customers across the globe with its highly configurable tax structure. If your organization crosses tax boundaries, Abel can handle that too. Abel’s Enterprise Financial Ledgers incorporate international tax accounting capability and Abel’s Multi Company structure enables companies in different countries to co-exist in the same database, while managing the tax and accounting for each.
Abel’s customers are operating in the United States, Canada, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Switzerland, Vietnam, China, Australia and New Zealand. Abel’s highly configurable tax structure can handle multiple forms of Sales Tax, VAT or GST from these and many other countries including special tax types for certain products or services that require non-standard tax handling.
- Make financial transactions and journals for other databases
- View consolidated data that includes data from other databases
- Report local data, imported data or a combination of both
- Create stock and non stock transactions between databases
- Fulfill customer orders using stock or manufacture for stock from other databases
- Copy customer invoices to another database for receipting
- Export summarized tax data to a Corporate Office Database
- Combine tax data from multiple databases into one Tax Journal
- Produce Tax Journals for different financial entities using data from other databases
- Receipts, Payments, Direct Credits etc can utilize remote bank accounts in external databases.
- Bank Journals can be created using a mixture of local and remote bank accounts when moving funds from one bank account to another e.g. for bank “sweep”
- Manage supplier details centrally so they are consistent across all branches
- Enter and approve supplier invoices locally while paying them centrally
- Process receipts for customer invoices in other databases
- Process payments for supplier invoices in other databases
- View data for a selected company or branch
- See the source data for a corporate summary figure
- View the details of a remote document
- Report local data, imported data or a combination of both across your whole organization in multiple currencies
- Run local reports that access remote databases for detailed data
Enterprise Financial Management
Consolidate data where it is needed for management and reporting across your whole organization:
Automate inter-branch and inter-company documents, reduce manual work and administration time:
Multi Database Tax Consolidation
Streamline tax journals and reporting across databases:
Process banking transactions for other databases’ bank accounts.
Centralized Accounts Payable
Manage and pay suppliers from a Corporate database:
Remote Receipts and Payments
Process receipts and payments for local or remote databases:
Navigate seamlessly to another database within the one Abel session.
Report your entire organization across multiple databases:
What our customers say:
co-founder - Deep Creek Brewing Company
"“Working with Abel went as well as I could expect. We changed from three different software systems to one integrated system and it was working perfectly within a month.”"
Chief Executive Officer - Dairy Technology Services
"We couldn’t be happier with Abel,” he says. “Automating our processes has made us so much more efficient. We have fewer people working on manual tasks, we’ve cut costs and we now have the traceability and visibility we needed across our business. That’s making it easier for the whole organization to succeed."
Director - NZ Drinks
"For NZ Drinks, automation was a great decision, and Abel’s robustness and flexibility provides us with a great foundation for growth,” Kyle says. “If we wanted to quadruple our business tomorrow, we wouldn’t have to change anything."
General Manager - Disc Brakes Australia
"Once you configure Abel to suit your business processes, it just delivers. You get a system that can handle a very high level of complexity which would cost a lot more if you went anywhere else. I hate to think where we might have been today without Abel."
Director of Information Technology - Alsco
"Abel spent time getting to know how our business works and how to make us better. Our accountants are all amazingly surprised how much the new system has simplified their lives. We’ve already reduced the time for closing our monthly reports from nine or ten business days to four."
Latest Abel News
Manufacturing Quality Processes.
October 20, 2020
Manufacturing Quality processes are for ensuring that finished goods or semi-finished goods meet quality standards and that the cost of rectifying any defects is captured. The process configuration varies according to the nature of the business and the manufacturing process.… Read more »... Read More >