Abel provides a fully integrated financial accounting system centered around the General Ledger. Abel Financials include: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Project Accounting, and Cash Management.
Abel is a real-time system updating the General Ledger and the other functions as transactions occur.
Abel’s General Ledger provides a superior level of flexibility, usability and automation, making the financial management of your business easier.
The Abel General Ledger is able to process very large transaction volumes without hesitation. This is combined with an automatic transaction integrity checking and multiple company/branch handling capability. Automatic transaction posting is provided ensuring that manual postings and journal entries are accurate which reduces posting workload and errors.
Accessing the information you want in the Abel General Ledger is simple. Abel’s integrated reporting allows you to design and build reports for most combinations of data contained in the General Ledger. Data can be easily extracted to use in external applications.
The features provided in the Abel General Ledger include:
- High volume, real-time transaction processing
- Real-time transaction integrity checking
- Automatic posting to the General Ledger
- Client specified Chart of Accounts
- Postings can be made to the General Ledger in past or future periods
- Soft ledgers allow unlimited ledgers with unique, client defined titles
- Standard, reversing, repeating and returns journals
- Multiple companies, divisions and branches
- Automatic inter-company postings in any currency
- Multiple currency and international tax handling
- Full financial reporting
- General Ledger data can be extracted for manipulation in external applications
- Reports can be consolidated into one currency
- Budget and Forecast handling
Installations using Abel’s Enterprise Management capabilities over multiple databases can elect to adopt Enterprise Financial Management including enterprise financial ledgers, controlling accounting periods from head office and financial reporting across multiple databases.
Abel Accounts Receivable is designed to help you manage those critical debtor relationships and cash flows.
Abel Accounts Receivable is fully integrated in the Abel system. It has seamless links to the General Ledger, Sales Order Processing and Customer Management, as well as other Abel functionality.
The features provided in Abel Accounts Receivable include:
- On-screen aged balances
- Automatic credit limit alerts
- Hot links from each line on the aged balances screen to corresponding overdue invoice documents
- Open item and balance forward receipting modes with free interchange between them
- Includes sales tax, GST, VAT and other charges on invoices
- Automatic application of discounts, penalties and interest
- Unlimited number of debtor’s ledgers
- Full foreign currency invoicing and receipting with exchange rate loss or gain handling
- Part payments handling
- Automatic building of direct credits and generation of banking slips from accumulated receipts
- Statement and reminder notice printing
- Multiple contact and delivery addresses
- Automatic spreading of revenues
- Debtor reporting
Installations using Abel’s Enterprise Management capabilities over multiple databases can use Abel’s Remote Customer Receipts to help manage receipts from customers who buy from several branches. Customers can remit one payment for multiple customer invoices that are in different branch databases. With Abel, you can allocate the amount received to invoices located in any of your Abel databases.
Abel Accounts Payable provides you with the means to maintain better relationships within your supply chain and to maximize the efficient use of your cash reserves.
Abel Accounts Payable provides many automatic features to streamline the creditor management process.
Abel Accounts Payable is fully integrated in the Abel system. It has seamless links to the General Ledger, Purchasing and Customer Management, as well as other Abel functionality.
The features provided in Abel Accounts Payable include:
- On-screen aged balances
- Hot links from each line on the aged balances screen to corresponding supplier invoice documents
- Open item and balance forward payment methods
- Build and post payments directly from the supplier invoice document
- Multiple payment methods, including check/cheque, direct credits, drafts and bank transfers
- Periodic payments handling
- Payment terms and discounts
- Automatic and manual check/cheque generation and printing
- Make payments in foreign currencies
- Bank reconciliations on multiple bank accounts, including foreign currency accounts
- Miscellaneous payments (one-off supplier) handling
- Spread expenses up to 12 months in advance automatically
- Automatic balancing of accrued expenses by invoice
- Unlimited creditor ledgers so all creditors can be individually accounted for
- Text notes can be included against supplier invoice documents
- Creditor reporting
Installations using Abel’s Enterprise Management capabilities over multiple databases can use Abel’s Centralized Accounts Payable across a group of Abel databases e.g. all branches within a country. You can replicate supplier records from head office to branch databases so all branches use the same supplier details. Invoices from suppliers to branches can be paid from head office. Managing and paying suppliers centrally streamlines the process, reduces local administration and offers potential cost savings and other benefits such as contracted supplier pricing.
Abel Fixed Assets provides for effective management and accounting for your fixed assets.
Abel Fixed Assets takes the complexity out of managing fixed assets. All transactions within Abel Fixed Assets are automatically registered in the General Ledger. Depreciation is automatically calculated a year in advance, and any adjustments for depreciation are accounted for automatically, so that the true value of assets is always known and correctly shown in the balance sheet.
The features provided in Abel Fixed Assets include:
- Asset and Property register
- Assets can be acquired, depreciated, transferred, adjusted, revalued and disposed
- Part-purchases, part-disposals and pooled assets handling
- Asset improvement handling
- Asset history
- Book and tax depreciation registers
- Consolidation of depreciation to any company, division or branch
- Straight Line or Diminishing Value depreciation
- Daily, Monthly or Next Month depreciation methods to suit most countries
- Comprehensive reporting
Manage your Intangible Assets within Abel.
Abel Intangible Assets enable you to look after intangible assets in a similar way to Abel fixed assets. All transactions within Abel Intangible Assets are automatically registered in the General Ledger.
Intangible assets are non-physical assets that normally have a useful life greater than one year that local accounting practices permit you to amortize. Often they arise from buying other companies where part of the purchase price is for intangible assets such as the customer base, trademarks or goodwill of the company you are buying.
- Intangible Asset Register
- Monthly Amortization Journal
- Extra Transaction (that amortization requires) to clear it from the balance sheet in the month that the asset reaches its Amortization Last Date
- Intangible Asset Reporting
Abel Cash Management includes many automated features designed to make cash management processes easier.
Abel Cash Management enables your business to have reconciled cash balances on multiple bank accounts, in any currency, on a constant and consistent basis. Bank deposits are automatically built from accumulated receipts and payment cancellations. The bank statements can be quickly reconciled with the bank accounts, maintaining accurate and real cash balance information.
The features provided in Abel Cash Management include:
- Multiple bank accounts are accommodated, including accounts in foreign currency
- The organization’s overall cash balance reflects the organization’s true cash position
- Bank reconciliation with real-time updating of the reconciled cash balance
- Automatic “cancel payment” function
- Automatic building of bank deposits from accumulated receipts
- Automatic or manual check/cheque writing
- Debtor invoice or miscellaneous payments
- Creditor invoice or miscellaneous payments
- Direct credits and foreign bank drafts
- Optional automatic creation of payments or receipts by due date
- Manual or batch check/cheque production
- Repeatable payments and receipts
- Bank transfers
- Foreign currency bank account revaluations
- Multiple accounts in multiple currencies posted and consolidated in the base currency into one total on the General Ledger
- Multiple bank accounts at Global and Company level
- Management cash flow analysis and reporting
Installations using Abel’s Enterprise Management capabilities over multiple databases can use Abel’s Inter Database Banking to administer multiple bank accounts in different locations. Abel’s Remote Banking processes transactions to bank accounts in other databases and Abel’s Inter-Database Bank Journal processes bank journals across multiple bank accounts that are in different databases.
Abel Project Accounting allows projects to be accounted for inside the main financial system. This gives you full visibility over project financials throughout the life of your projects.
All revenues and expenses associated with a specific project can be charged to that project. Once set up, this information is collected seamlessly as part of normal transaction processing. Projects can be treated in the same way as a business unit, with all costs and revenues fully accounted for. The ledgers provide matrix views of Projects by General Ledger Account or General Ledger Accounts by Project.
Budgets and other measurable objectives can be allocated to projects in the same way as to a business unit. This improves project tracking and control, aids timely decision making and gives early warning of any project viability issues.
The features provided in Abel Project Accounting include:
- Project costing
- Project budgeting
- Full financial accounting for projects
- Project within projects
- Jobs within projects