Abel’s Shop Orders provide a group view of complex manufactures. A Shop Order is an “umbrella” process used to manage a group of related manufacturing processes. Shop orders complement Abel’s scheduling functionality, making it easier to manage multiple manufactures to meet the customer’s required date.
You can configure inventory items to create shop orders automatically when you post a Customer Order.
This example shows a completed Customer Order (CORD) with a Shop line…
- Line type of Shop creates a Shop document on post of the CORD
- Double-click the Document Reference to view the Shop Document.
Shop Lines come from the Designer BOM for the lead inventory item on the Shop. You can also add Lines manually. Shops and their Designer BOMs normally contain only Manf lines and Rout lines.
To View the Designer BOM for a Shop:
- Click Show BOMS
- The Shop Lines match the Designer BOM lines.
You can use the Shop Orders screen to:
- Build the individual Manufacturing documents.
- View the Schedule for the related manufactures.
- Build Picking Orders for selected or all manufactures and sub-manufactures.
- View an individual manufacture (select and double click)
Related blog: Abel ERP – Split a Large Manufacture into Lots