Business to Business trading with Electronic Data Interchange (B2B EDI) can be used to automate trading activities with your Customers and other trading partners. This means you can exchange documents electronically between systems instead of emailing them.
- Inbound Electronic Purchase Order creates a Customer Order in Abel
- Outbound Customer Despatch sends a Shipping Notice to the Customer
Some EDIs work directly between Abel and your customer’s system and some work through supported third-party business-to-business VAN providers such as SPS Commerce, B2BE and Crossfire.
Abel has developed a number of interfaces for B2B EDI both direct and via third-parties. These are some examples:
- Supermarkets: Woolworths, Foodstuffs, Coles and Tesco
- Hardware stores: Bunnings and Mitre 10
- U.S. retailers: Pet Supplies Plus, Chewy.com and Autozone
There is usually a structured testing process to go through with the larger retailers before they will grant approval to trade electronically. The Abel team has a depth of experience that will help guide you through the EDI implementation, testing and approval process